Monday, February 05, 2007

Pillows, Colts and Asphalt 23

I don't have much to say, but I thought I'd keep you all updated on my mundane life.

One thing of importance did happen this weekend, though. I finally took down my Christmas tree! This is nothing unusual for me, though you should see the looks I get when I tell people it's still up in February. The thing is, it takes so long to put up, and it's so time-consuming to do it, that once it's up, I dread the thought of all the work it is to take it down. That, and it's beautiful (if I do say so myself), and I love to have it on at night. The lights give my living room such a warm glow. Since I didn't put it up until Christmas Eve, I needed all this time to enjoy it before I put it away for another year.

Oh yeah! Another thing of importance happened this weekend, too. Asphalt 23 is back in action! We had our first practice on Saturday morning after a long, long winter break. Have I ever mentioned how much I love playing with these guys? We just mix so well. Even after two months, we didn't lose that much. We've got some things booked coming up, so it was encouraging to know that we can be ready for them. Also, Rob has written a couple of great songs that I can't wait to learn.

On Friday, February 23, we're playing at a theater in Girard that has been turned into a church. This church is starting a Friday night concert/coffee house idea where people can come and hang out, listen to bands, have snacks, etc., and be exposed to the gospel. It's being held from 7-11 p.m., and there will be two bands, plus someone giving the gospel message - not a sermon - just "a word" (that's how it was described to me). The kick-off for this is on the 23rd, and I'm pretty excited to be able to play for this.

Then in March, we're leading worship at Old North Church on March 11, and we're playing for Old North's youth worship night the following week on March 18.

I got a new pillow for my bed this weekend, too. It's one of those memory foam pillows. I've been wanting to try one for quite some time. I've had problems with my neck since I was 18 years old and in a car accident. I was rear-ended by someone going about 40 mph. I was at a complete stop. I broke my neck. Since then, I've always had some degree of pain in my neck. I've always wanted to try one of those memory foam pillows, but they were always so expensive. Kohl's was having a great sale this weekend, and I ended up getting a $60 pillow for $22. They had a bed set up in the store to showcase one of the bedspreads they were selling, so I took the pillow and lied down on that bed to try it out before I bought it. It seemed pretty comfortable. I must say, actually sleeping on it was something else indeed! I can't remember the last time I slept so well! That pillow is one fantastic piece of foam. I love my new pillow, and will take it wherever I have to lay my head.

Of course, on Sunday, I watched the Superbowl. I was happy to see the Colts win. I've been a Colts fan since I was a very young girl. My fondness for the Colts can't be attributed to any player or coach, but to the horse shoe on their helmets. Being a horsey freak starting from a very young age, I liked anything "horsey". For some reason, the Broncos didn't do it for me. It was the Colts. I remember going to an IHop for breakfast with my family one morning, and they were giving away NFL helmet magnets. My brother got the Bears, my sister got the Oilers, and I got the Colts! I still have my brother's and sister's magnets, but sadly, I can no longer find the Colts helmet magnet.

Oh yeah! I took a three hour nap on Saturday afternoon. It was before I got the pillow, but it was a fine sleep nonetheless.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Dude, you broke your neck? Wow. Glad you found a great pillow. Doesn't Kohl's just have THE BEST sales? I love that store.

Congrats on the Superbowl win!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

My hubby got me to break down and get a memory foam pillow awhile back because of my bad back and neck. I loved it ever since. I should have gotten one much, much sooner! I'm glad you have enjoyed yours. :0)

7:36 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Funny how much less mundane a person's life seems from hundreds of miles away. I find people who can play music quite fascinating. I can barely recognize the "birthday song" if I hear it.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home