Wednesday, December 13, 2006

In the dark. At least for a little while.

I came into work this morning, running my customary "five minutes" (it's really more like 10) late, to find that we had no power! All of downtown Youngstown was out! I was thrilled, to say the least. The word on the street is that a generator had blown "up on the hill". I don't know which hill they were talking about, but who cares? I had an unexpected day off in my near future. And on such a good-weather day, too. I was already planning on what I'd be doing in the park today. But, alas! It only took the electric company 45 minutes to fix that generator. They are just too efficient for their own good. Well, for my good, really. But still. Damn.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Ah man, that sucks! Sorry you got your hopes shattered.
I think you'd be totally justified in working just a little less hard today:-)

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And it was pigeon droppings that brought the city to a screeching halt.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home