Friday, November 03, 2006

My terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day.

Today was the worst day I've had in a very long time.

There is this that was hired here at my place of employent and I don't like her very much. She is one of those people that just the sound of their voice is irritating. Add to that the fact that she's an exhausing know-it-all, has the breath of a demon of hell and the face to match, and you've got a person who pushes every button I have. She loves to make others look bad to make herself look good instead of just doing her own job well. She has made everyone elses business her business (at least she's tried), and has made an enemy of just about everyone in this company. Well, today she was made my boss. YES! In two weeks, I will have to pass everything by her. My current supervisor quit (which is quite common for those who find themselves with his job title. In the last 11 years, there's been 12 of them!), and she will be taking over his duties. Oh! Did I tell you she talks to intelligen people with the same voice I use to explain things to my five-year old neice? Nice. (Neice, nice - ha! ha! ha!) I'm cracking up.

So, yesterday at 5:00, she comes into the artroom and proceeds to "discuss" one of my projects with me that happens to be on a very tight deadline (today, to be precise). She starts of with "Who told you to do this?" That immdiately got my hackles raised because I had a feeling she wanted to change it and put her stamp on it like she is trying to do with everything around here. How DID we get along without her? I didn't answer and she proceeds to try to argue with me about it. Basically I told her to get bent because I wasn't changing because I'd miss my deadline. She made some crack about my not wanting to do it because it was 5:00. That got me angry and I let her have it. In a semi-calm and precise way. I said my piece, and I left.

So I make it to my martial arts class (late), and I'm waiting for this guy to arrive who was supposed to come at 6:00 to talk to me about teaching classes for his program. He arrived just as I was leaving, of course. So, I had to stay and talk to him, and he made me late to get home to catch "My Name is Earl". I get home about 9 minutes after 8:00 and my cats are screaming at me to feed them. The usual ritual is that I feed them right when I get home. I was waiting until a commercial, since I'd already missed some of the show anyway. It wasn't fast enough for my kitten, so she squats right in front of me and pees on the carpet! AAAHHHHH! By this point, my blood pressure is through the roof, and I'm seeing red. My sister had this same problem with her cat at one point, so I called her for her opinion on how to get the smell out of the carpet and she informs me that she had everything I would need to remedy my situation. I put my coat on over my pajamas, and drive to her house to pick up the stuff. When I get home, however, I realize that I have locked myself out of my house.

I have to call a locksmith who charges $115 to unlock the door. I summoned some tears and got the cost down to $85. Still, a hard lesson learned.

Don't hesitate to feed the cats, and get a spare key made.

Sorry if there are a lot of grammatical/spelling errors in this post. It's 5:00 and I'm heading home.

7 Comments:

Blogger Eliza Osborn said...

Dude. Sorry to hear about your awful day. Get us some spare keys made and we'll be glad to bail you out.

Rob missed Earl and The Office, too (I presume you did), so we'll be downloading them. Office was great. I was burrowing backwards into the couch every five minutes. Michael, man. Michael.

And that irritating woman? I'm calling her Umbridge. And that position she's in? I'm calling it Defense Against the Dark Arts. Maybe she'll take a walk in the woods and piss off some centaurs in the near future and...yeahhhh.

Enjoy. And I have a present for you. Remind me t'morrow.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

You're right Kim, I take back everything I said about my day sucking....Your's is way worse than mine ever was! You could have stopped with the lady at work and I would have had plenty of sympathy for you. But the guy, then the cat, then missing the best shows on network TV, then the locked door, then the locksmith's bill...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! You deserve quite a few swears and even more drinks!

6:05 PM  
Blogger kimw said...

Yes! Umbridge!
And Azkaban is the perfect place for her.

6:30 AM  
Blogger kimw said...

Sam, I'm a little ashamed to admit that a few swear words did leave my mouth that night. I couldn't help it. Out they came.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I'm a day late and a dollar short in commenting on this, but, as my brother would say, "Garr..." I just don't know what to say. You have all my sypmathy compiling on top of more sypathy and I am just glad that a new day came and you found "the steamer".

And, I have something else that could, maybe, possibly make your life better. I was just checking out Verity's birthday pictures. Then I see a blonde woman holding Verity. I think to myself, "wunder who that is?" Then I think, "kind of looks familiar." Then a light bulb goes off. I say to myself, "Self, that must be Kim." How do I know this you say? Because I remembered you said you look like Uma Thurman (or so you are told). Then, I go
here
and I say to myself, "Gosh, she wasn't joking!" And then, I read your post and I think that I had better tell you this news.

And, I should tell, it's very late and I've been painting for two days and I think I've breathed alot of fumes because I sound like I might be high on something.

12:40 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Don't ever be ashamed of the "swears" that come out of your mouth if they are justified! And in your case they were deffonotly justified!

4:05 PM  
Blogger kimw said...

As always, Sam, your spelling of the "d" word is very creative!

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home