Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Something to read, anyway.

This post if for Sam. I feel honored that he added me to his list, so in turn, I'm going to give him something from me to read today.

The main thing that's happening to me right now is that I am buying a house. I wasn't really looking, though it has been on my mind a lot more lately. About a week and a half ago, my sister called me and said she had found the perfect house for me. She was at an open house in the neighborhood, and wanted me to come right away to look at it because the realtor was leaving. I went to look at it, fell in love with it, and made an offer that day. The next day, the sellers and I came to an agreement, and now the waiting begins. I have to say, buying a house is very stressful. I had to get an inspector out there, he found a minor problem with the driveway that needed fixed, so then I had to get someone out there to give me an estimate to fix that. Then, I had to go back to the sellers to have them agree to fix it before I bought it. They have agreed, so the contract has been signed, and everything is a go. Now I just have to wait for closing. It's a small house - only 952 square feet, but I don't need anything more than that. The only thing that needs work is the kitchen. I'm going to have to strip some ugly wallpaper and add some paint, and put in a new floor and a new sink. The cabinets need replaced, but for now, I'm just going to clean them up and paint them. Other than that, the house is in perfect condition. Every other room has been remodeled, and the basement has been waterproofed. The roof and the windows are less than a year old. It really is a beautiful little house.

In other news... …
My Houston Astros are making a run for the NL West title again! They've pulled to with 1-1/2 games of the league-leading Cardinals. Just last week in a head-to-head meeting, the Astros swept the Cards in four games! They're in Pittsburgh tonight playing the Pirates and I'm trying to work things out so I can go to the game. That would be fun, no? A week ago, they were 8-1/2 games out of first with a division title seemingly out of grasp. But they've had a run of seven straight wins, and the Cards have helped them out with seven straight losses. (four of them to the Astros, of course!). Anyway, it's exciting and it just goes to show you that Yogi Berra's famous phrase is true - "It ain't over 'til it's over!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurrah on the new house! That's great! The whole process of buying a house does suck, though. You'll be so happy when closing arrives!

Congrats!

4:04 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Conrats on the house. And thanks for posting! I haven't been blogging nearly as long as most, but I have had many days where I just felt I didn't have anything interesting to write about. So I know what you're talking about when you feel you have nothing to say. But there's always something going on in our lives that people would love to know about. So thanks!

Also, your new kitten is so cute! Thanks for the pics!

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home