Tuesday, July 25, 2006

My List

I've been trying to come up with a list of things I want to do in order to take part in Sam's blog challenge. It has proven to be quite difficult for me because (and I'll try to explain this with as much clarity as I can) I have a very full life, and I don't find myself thinking of things that I want to do because usually, when something comes up that I want to do, I just do it. But, there are some things that I know I want to do and will do some day. I just haven't gotten around to them yet. Then there are those things that, as humans, we go through naturally--with or without a plan, like falling in love. Actually, I never wanted to fall in love, but my heart had other plans for me. On that note, here is my list...

1. Travel a lot and see tons of cool places around the world.
I have done this, and have seen tons of cool places. To name a few: I studied dolphins in New Zealand, I was on the crew of a full-rigged, three-masted "pirate" ship in Norway, sailed the Greek and Turkish Islands with my family, visited Thailand and Hong Kong. Sunned myself on the beach in Mexico, Puerto Rico and the Bahamas. I lived in England and Saudi Arabia.
2. Climb a mountain. Did that in New Zealand--Mt. Fyfe.
3. Own a horse and compete in show jumping competitions. Did that.
4. Own a VW Beetle. :)
5. Learn to ski. Done.
6. Go skiing in Colorado. Haven't done this one yet. I'm coming, Adriennne!
7. White Water Rafting. One of the most fun things I've ever done.
8. Have a PERFECT day. Did that. I haven't had one since.
9. Drive at 100 mph. That was fun. Scary, too.
10. Learn to water ski. Done.
11. Get a Black Belt. Done.
12. Own a home. I go back and forth with this. Sometimes I want my own house, and sometimes I think I don't want to deal with the hassle. We'll see what the Lord has in store there.
13. Be in a band. Done this quite frequently, though the band I'm with now is my most rewarding experience to date. I don't know if anything can top this one :)
14. Surf. Done.
15. Own a weiner dog. Done. Her name was Heidi. She was cute.
16. Learn to sword fight. Haven't done this one yet. I need to get a sword :)
17. Learn to shoot a gun. Haven't done this one, either. I need to get a gun :)
18. Go to college and get a degree with honors. Done.
19. Be and artist or a vet for a living. I am an artist.
20. Have my sister for a roomate in our own apartment or house. Never did that, and I probably never will.

I have to admit. I'm having trouble thinking of things I want to do but haven't. I'm sure there are some; I just can't think of them right now. As they come to mind, I'll add to the list. What you won't see on this list are things that, in all probablility, will never happen, even though that may be what I desire. All that serves, for me, is to make me sad for things that I can't have. I have been blessed with a very full, wonderful life, and I'd rather count my blessings than dwell on the things that I cannot have or do. And, of course, there are things that I have done and never wanted to do. Those things will not go on this list :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

You've had some amazing adventures! I'll have try rafting someday, but I have water skied(that is the worst word to decide how to spell) and it's great.

Wrapping paper rolls are a good substitute for a sword, by the way. ;p

8:57 AM  
Blogger karenrob said...

Writing a blog regularly is definitely a challenge! I write in mine sporadically. It's hard to find the time to keep up with it.

You can find a link to it at http://become-a-secret-shopper.com.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home