Monday, August 07, 2006

30 Things

Here is my list of 30 things I like about winter. It is my favorite season, so this was easy…

1. SNOW! (of course)
2. Skiing
3. The way the cold air makes your nose tingle when you take a breath
4. My electric blanket
5. The crunchy sound snow makes when you walk on it.6. The way fresh snow sparkles
7. The shapes of the trees after a good snowfall
8. Hockey games
9. Ice skating on the frozen pond by my sister's house
10. Sweaters
11. Hoodies
12. Thanksgiving (some people consider this to be an autumn holiday. I think it's winter because it's COLD!)
13. Christmas dinner
14. Building a snowman
15. Sled riding
16. Snow ball fights
17. Snow angels
18. The way stepping out into a brisk, cold day wakes you up
19. Seeing animal tracks in fresh snow
20. The night sky – always recognizable Orion
21. A fire in the fireplace
22. Mittens
23. Candles
24. Christmas cookies
25. Never being hot
26. My sock monkey flannel pajamas
27. Flannel Sheets!
28. Running (it's so much better in winter!)
29. Hot chocolate
30. MORE SNOW!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Oh, this list has me pining for winter so bad!!

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home