Monday, November 06, 2006

The best way to strip wallpaper...

...is a steamer.

I love the steamer! I want to kidnap the steamer and run away to Canada where no one will ever find us. There will be people all across Canada who come home to bare walls.

I should have just rented the darn thing from the very beginning. But people who were supposedly "in the know" about the whole thing told me not to use the steamer - that the DIF stuff was better. Wrong!

In just two short hours, I stripped more wallpaper than I had in two weeks! Now granted, that two weeks wasn't a solid two weeks - I'd work on the stripping between other things, but it was slow going, and I was getting discouraged. The steamer came along and changed my life. Now the work I'll be doing in my kitchen will actually start to make it look better instead of making it look worse. It's getting there. Slowly but surely, it's getting there.

I took some photos of the kitchen before I stripped off all the wallpaper. I'll start posting some progress photos. Stay tuned!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Yes, bring on the photos!

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home