Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Kitchen Update

I thought I'd keep you all updated on my progress in the kitchen. It's coming right along! I'm happy to say that everything I'm doing now is actually making my kitchen look better instead of worse!

I've gotten most of the painting finished. The walls are done, and I've got one more coat to do on the cabinet frames. To finish the cabinets, I have to turn the doors over and paint the other side. The painting of the cabinets has taken awhile because the frame required primer and two coats of paint, and for the doors, I had to prime one side, wait for it to dry, prime the other side, wait for it to dry, paint one side, wait for it to dry, and now I have to turn them over and paint the fronts.

Following are the photos documenting my recent labor. Rememeber- I HAVE A VISION! I must warn you, the colors I chose are BOLD! But, it's all coming together just as I pictured and it's going to look nice. Kind of like that dress that looks ugly on the hanger, but once you put it on, it looks fabulous.

Here are my two-tone walls. I'm going to put up a chair rail, so the squiggly line bisecting the two colors will be covered.




I'm painting the frames of the cabinets a color called Turkish Coffee. It's a deep brown and it's RICH! It looks good next to the burnt orange and the cream of the walls.



The doors of the cabinets will be the same color as the top half of the walls. Here they are down in the basement waiting to get the other side painted.


I'm finishing the cabinets tonight, and starting on the tile. Exciting, huh? Stay tuned for more updates!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

I love the colors

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He said it so well.

It looks amazing. Lots & lots of progress.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home