Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Remember a couple of posts ago I mentioned the woman I work with? The one of whom I am not too fond?

This post is inspired by her.

I've come to realize that the sound of her voice - not just the tone of the actual noise she makes when she opens her mouth to speak, but the sound of her dry lips, tongue and mouth making that disgusting smacking sound as it all sticks together because she doesn't drink enough water - makes my blood pressure rise.

...The way she walks around with a superior attitude because she thinks no one is as intelligent as she is with her PhD. You know what it takes to get a PhD? Money and time. Time and money.

...The way she's trying to put her thumbprint on everything - including things that don't concern her.

...The way she dresses in nothing but black.

...The way her breath smells. That goes back to not drinking enough water.

...The way she's supposed to be the "Director of Advertising and Public Relations", but has no idea what time the Ice Zone is open, what the ticket prices are to a Phantoms Hockey game, what the difference is between a repeater and a firecracker, or that we artists actually have a clue as to what "point size" means. Yes, she actually asked if we knew what to do with point size.

...The way she takes one thing I say, like "I wish Andy wouldn't have just dumped his broken monitor in the art room", and makes a company-wide stink about it and makes me just want to hide in shame and take back the words.

You can't say anything without her jumping on it; you can't do anything without her reading a novel into it, and you can't give her an opinion because she already thinks her over-educated brain knows it all.

In thinking about all this, and dreading coming to work every day more than ever, I realize that when I'm around her, I become someone else. I'm downright mean; I say things that I would never normally dream of saying. It just goes to show that the enemy can use anything or anyone to make us fall and to make us look bad in the eyes of non-believers. And lately, he's been succeeding with me.

Yesterday, on my way to work, I prayed that the power of the Spirit in me would help me see her the way Jesus sees her so that I could show her the same kind of love. Let me tell you, even with the Spirit, that was a hard thing to do. I wouldn't say I showed her love, but at least I was able to keep my mouth shut and not say anything at all. I'll keep on praying, try to keep on loving, and one day, I'll conquer this intense dislike I have for this woman. I don't think we'll ever be friends, but Jesus never said we had to be friends with everyone. He wasn't friends with everyone, nor did He trust everyone. But, he did LOVE everyone and that's what I have to keep in mind.

Until I can do that, I'll keep on praying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home