Thursday, January 18, 2007

My list of threes

This list has been going around among us, and as of yet, I have not done mine. Since I don't necessarily like these lists, but don't want my friends to be mad at me, I've decided to do a list. Not the list that's been going around, however. I'm going to do my own list of threes. Rob, you were the one person I thought I could count on to back me up on the ignoring of the list. So disappointing. Then, I thought you were brilliant with what I thought was a clever subterfuge, but alas, you actually did the list, which leaves me out here looking bad all by myself.

Here's my list:

Three words I like (I can't help but like these words. Whenever I say any of them, they make me smile):
- Baby. Awwww. They have such cute faces and cute hands.
- Kitten. They have such cute faces and cute feet.
- Jesus. Beautiful face. Beautiful hands.
(Oh yeah. Imbecile. I love that word :)

Three words I hate (this one I can't explain. I trust you all won't use these in successive sentences the next time you see me.)
- chipotle (huh? Like to eat the yummy burritos, I just don't like the sound of the actual word, nor do I like the way it makes my mouth feel when I say it.)
- toiletries
- slough (this one just sounds gross)

My three favorite things to do:
- spend time with my family
- martial arts
- ride a spirited horse
- travel to cool places by myself. Okay. That's four. But this one was a toss-up, and this is my list; I can make my own rules. I can put four things on my list of threes if I deem any two items a tie.

Three things I hate to do:
- wake up to an alarm clock
- websites (I hate designing websites. I don't know why, I just do. I have to do them quite often, too, so I really should try to get over this one.)
- say goodbye

Three of my greatest accomplishments:
- Making my parents proud of me
- The gymnastics trophy I won when I was 15. (I don't know why this one stands out in my mind, but it does. What a great feeling it was.)
- Finishing the Columbus marathon within time goal I set for myself.

Three regrets:
- My failed marriage (I just feel like I could have done something more)
- My actions immediately following the passing of my good friend's mother. It may be too late to make things right.
- Not going to Arkansas for my grandmother's funeral.

My three favorite smells:
- Mountain air
- Thanksgiving dinner
- A baby after a bath

My three least favorite smells:
- Dog poop
- Broccoli cooking
- A baby before a bath

Three things I will never do:
- Speed dating
- Jump through a flaming ring on a motorcycle
- Tag three people for this list.

Now, if only I could figure out how to password protect it…

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Wonderful list!

Actually, I'm just happy to see a post by you, it's been too long;-)

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home