Thursday, April 06, 2006

Days like these

I've already had a stressful day, and it's only 8:53 a.m.

To start it all off, I forgot to set my alarm last night, so I woke up late. Not very late, mind you, but late enough to put me behind right from the start. You see, I'm what my mom calls a "piddler". In other words, it takes me twice the amount of time to do the same task as a "non-piddler". I can't help it; It's in my genes. My sister is a piddler, my mom is a piddler, my mom's mom was a piddler, and I'm sure my mom's mom's mom was a piddler, too.

Anyway, I get up late and go into the kitchen to make my coffee and fix my bowl of cereal. (These days, I'm hooked on the Strawberry Delight Frosted Mini Wheats. Very tasty). My cat is screaming at me to feed him, so I put a scoop of food into his bowl and he digs in. As I take my coffee and my cereal into the living room to watch the news, I notice two piles of puke where my darling cat has decided to throw up two massive hair balls during the night. Nice. So after cleaning up the hair balls and gagging so hard I thought I might hyper-ventilate, I settle down to my coffee and cereal, which is no longer a nice wake up moment, but rather a frantic rush to make up some time. As I'm going into the kitchen to put my cereal bowl in the sink, I notice that my piggy cat has thrown up his breakfast because he ate too fast, then played with his catnip pillow like a maniac without letting the food digest first. Imbecile. So, puke pile #3. Gross.

Everything was okay after that. The shower and dressing went off without a hitch – still running a little late (about five minutes), but that could be made up on the drive to work, considering that most people were already at work and the traffic would be minimal. All was well with this thinking until I got about a quarter of a mile from work. Right in front of the Vindicator building, a semi truck decides that he want to try to get himself out of this tiny little parking area, and pulls out into the street blocking all lanes of traffic coming from both sides. What an imbecile. Why not wait for five minutes, then everyone will be at work and the road will be clear? Instead, he blocks the road and holds up about 20 cars (me included) while he tries to get his massive vehicle out of this tiny lot. He can't do it, so he gives up and retreats back into the tiny parking lot. There goes the time I made up, and now I'm late for work.

One good thing came out of this morning, though. I got to use the word "imbecile" twice!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Eeesh, I hope the rest of your day goes better.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I can explain the semi thing. Because he can. I hate that.

Ditto what Kimmy said, however.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home