Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

I haven't blogged here in such a long while! I have some important news that I know will come as a shock to some of you. I hate winter. There. I said it.

I'm no longer a fan.

It's not the snow so much as it is the cold. Don't get me wrong. I still prefer cooler weather more than hotter weather (though I did find myself quite enjoying the summertime weather this year), I just don't like the BITTER cold. I can't stand not being able to get warm. Owning a house means you own the bills, too, and with heating costs going through the roof, I keep my thermostat at a relatively cool 64 degrees. There are times when it's fine. I put on a sweatshirt, socks and slippers and for the most part I can stay toasty. But my hands! I can't go around wearing mittens all the time. How would I work? I don't even really like having to wear all those clothes around the house.

Do you want to know what else I don't like? The major production you have to go through every time you exit or enter the house. Hat, scarf, coat, gloves, etc. I hate shoveling the driveway. Thankfully, I park my car in my garage, but I know that if I had to scrape it off every morning, I would hate that, too.

My car gets horrible gas mileage in the snow/winter, the sky is always gloomy and people get depressed and take it out on others.

I still like to ski, so that's still winter's saving grace.

Here's wishing for sunshine and sandals!

9 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

I find it funny that your list of previous posts include such titles as, "I'm tired of the hotness already" and, "Hear Ye! Hear Ye!" which weighs heavy on the anti-winter argument.

This, my friend, is why I keep checking for new posts from you.

12:20 PM  
Blogger kimw said...

Always like to keep my fans wondering, Sam! It was a hard realization to come to because I liked that I was in the minority of those that like winter. But I had to face the facts and own up to it sooner or later. These feelings started at the end of winter last year, and I thought that maybe it was just because it was nearing the end. But that was not the case. I'm still not liking it, and I find myself hoping it doesn't snow. I guess I'm a member of the majority now.

12:38 PM  
Blogger kimw said...

Always like to keep my fans wondering, Sam! It was a hard realization to come to because I liked that I was in the minority of those that like winter. But I had to face the facts and own up to it sooner or later. These feelings started at the end of winter last year, and I thought that maybe it was just because it was nearing the end. But that was not the case. I'm still not liking it, and I find myself hoping it doesn't snow. I guess I'm a member of the majority now.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Words cannot express how distraught I am to read this post.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

I do agree on wishing it could be warmer in the house. We have to keep our furnace on 60 degrees and that's not very toasty! My hands get icy cold and that's not cool.

I'm not joining the majority though...

Love Live Winter!!!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

I know a house that's a nice 75 degrees right now and has a rocking chair right by the fireplace with your name on it. Oh, and as luck would have it, it's for sale. Tempting??? No more icy fingers or cold toes. (Unless you leave for a day, and then you won't notice your toes and fingers 'cause they'll be frozen solid. But I digress...)

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Steelers Prayer: Our father, who art in Pittsburgh, football be thy game. Thy kingdom come, 5 Superbowls won, on earth as it is in Heinz Field. Give us this cold weather that we may win.

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See you in church to discuss the O-line.
In Christ, Kimmy's uncle Frank

9:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amen to that, I keep thinking of moving south.
-Matt

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home