Monday, August 04, 2008

Sometimes, hot is good

Let's see. What to write about today? Something hot, perhaps? My sister says I can write about her :)

I'm going to mention here that I think I'll be needing a heating pad tonight for my aching muscles. I've been cleaning up my landscaping for the last few days. I had some big ugly old-lady bushes in the front of my house that I had removed, but the guy left the stump. Plus, since the removal, I haven't done anything with that bed, so it was infested with weeds. I cleaned all that out, removed the stump, and tilled it up to get it ready for planting. Once I get some cash, I'll get some plants.

In the back, around the deck, I dug a new bed. This was quite an endeavor. I had to dig up all the grass, which is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Plus, once you've dug it up, what to do with it? It's darn heavy. I tried to fill up a trash bag with it, and when I went to pick up the bag, it must have weighed at least 100 pounds, and the dirt/grass mixture burst right through the bag. So I had to break it up into about 10 bags so it's not quite so heavy. They're all in my garage right now; the trash doesn't come until Sunday, so it will be another heating pad night when I have to lug all those bags out to the curb.

The back flower garden is looking nice, though. It's about three quarters of the way finished. When I have some free time, I'll do the rest. I'm out of plants, though, so it, too, will have to wait. I moved some plants that I had in a bed in the back up to the new bed. They weren't getting enough sun, and since they are full-sun plants, they weren't doing very well back there. My neighbor has a big tree that blocks all their sun. It's an ongoing process. I look forward to the day when I don't have to dig and plant and can just maintain.

I've done my duty for today. I'm off to heat up my aching back.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha! You said "stump."

5:25 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

I'm so proud of you, you're doing fabulous on this challenge so far!

6:03 PM  
Blogger kimw said...

Yeah, pj. Isn't "stump" a funny word? You know what other word I like? "Imbecile".

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home