Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Seven

Since I didn't realize there was an "official" blog-writing-every-day thing, and since I didn't sign up for anything of the sort, I guess I'm still in. I was just agreeing to join Kimmy and friends in the challenge so that I could get my mushy brain out of its slumber and do some writing - even if it is all nonsense.

How about a pet update? With photos?

Here is a picture of Babs giving me the "thumbs up":



And here's a picture of Luna at my nephew's flag football game. That's an Ohio State sweater she's wearing.



She is also performing her one and only trick - she claps!

Here's a picture of Babs telling Luna a secret:



That little coat Luna is wearing was made for her by Kevin's mom. It's reversible, and now that it has gotten cold, she doesn't go outside without it. I know that some of you might be wondering how I got to this point - dressing my dog up in clothes. Poor Luna is a tiny little thing, and she has fine hair, so when it's cold outside she doesn't have much to keep her warm. If I send her out without her coat, she stands outside and shivers and she looks so sad.

I currently don't have any new pictures of Marcel-Henri. He is not very photogenic. He closes his eyes in every shot. The big fella just doesn't like the flash.

He has recently discovered that he likes to go outside. He doesn't go anywhere when he's out there - he just rolls around in the driveway while the chipmunks that wreaked havoc on my landscaping this year do their thing.

All in all, the pets are doing well here at the Wild Kingdom. They get along famously with each other and have all now decided that they want to sleep in the bed with me. It doesn't leave much room for me to switch sleeping positions in the middle of the night, but with the thermostat set low to save on the heating bill, their warmth is a very welcome thing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

I'm just not an animal-lover, I'm not usually even an animal-liker, but, that red sweater on that little dog is just too cute!

Glad to see you're back.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Love the clapping thing. Did you teach her that or did you get her already knowing that trick? Either way, mega darling.

11:00 AM  
Blogger kimw said...

She already did it when I got her, though I don't think she realized she was doing a trick. Now she does it when I say "Clap, clap, clap!" or when I do the hand motions for clapping. What a smart doggie she is! :)

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home