Friday, November 02, 2007

Number 2

I have a lot to write about, but not a lot of time. It's a good thing I have 28 more posts after this to get it all in. This being the second day of November, and my having said I'd post every day this month, brings me to this moment. I'm on my way out the door to have dinner with a friend, then it's off to the movie. I'm either going to see American Gangster or Bee Movie. I'm hoping for Bee Movie. I heard that Russel Crowe does a horrendous Brooklyn accent in the movie, and I don't know if I could sit through something that irritating. Here's a guy who gets paid millions of dollars to make a movie. Supposedly, he's an actor worthy of an Academy Award, and he can't get an accent? What else does he have to do? Okay, so he has to memorize some lines, can't he memorize and perfect the accent at the same time? And how does a take with a bad accent make the cut? Doesn't the director say "Russel! What's with your accent? You sound like an Australian trying to do a Brooklyn accent! Do it over!" Apparently not.

If, in fact, I do go see American Gangster (in my head, it sounds like "gangsta"), I'll let you all know how the accent is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home