Thursday, November 01, 2007

Post, the first.

Whew!I just made it! Kimmy has thrown out the challenge, and I have agreed to meet that challenge. I am going to post every day in the month of November. You may just be sick of my rambling by the time I'm finished with this month. Shoot, since I'll be posting every day, and since I'm sure I'll run out of interesting things to write about, I'll probably start digging into that twisted part of my brain that not many people get to see. Maybe I won't have any friends left when this is all over.

Here it goes. I might as well start off with one of those quirky things about me that make people laugh when they hear it...

I can't stand sitting on a warm seat. Not like the leather seats in my V-dub when they've been warmed ELECTRONICALLY by the heater in the seat. It would be like the seats in my V-dub when they've been warmed BODILY by someone else sitting there right before me. For instance, this weekend, I went to a wedding in Mansfield, which is about a two-hour drive from here. My dear friend, John, went with me. We took my car, but he drove. He lives in Mineral Ridge, so I picked him up on my way west. So, on the return trip, I dropped him off at his house on my way home. He got out of the car, and because the seat was warm, I had to wait for it to cool off before I could sit there for the drive home. I don't like a seat that has been warmed by someone else's butt. I'm grossed out by it. It's not that I'm grossed out by the person who left it there, just by the warmth itself.

When I go to an amusement park, I wait until the last possible minute to take my seat on the ride so that it can cool off adequately before I have to sit down. Sometimes, it's not long enough. In that case, I have to endure, but I don't like it.

In keeping with the bodily warmth thing as well, I don't like to use my mouse after someone else has used it and it's still warm. I like a cool seat, and a cool mouse. Usually, if someone has been using my mouse, they've also been sitting in my seat, so I have a double cool-down to wait on.

Toilet seats. That goes without saying. They MUST be cool. No exceptions.

By the way, I can sit on a seat that I have warmed myself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Whew! I'll admit, I didn't think you were going to make it on time.

Glad you did;-)

Oh, and what about if the seat was warmed by say...Luna?

9:25 PM  
Blogger kimw said...

I don't mind pet warmth.

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home