Friday, June 01, 2007

OH! It's hot outside. HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT.

You'll never hear me complain about the cold weather. I love the cold! I love snow, I love how your nose feels crunchy when you breathe in the cold air, I love the smell of the cold weather, I love cold weather playtime; I could go on and on, but you get the idea. You can go outside without melting. I've said it before and I'll say it again, "You can be warm in the cold, but you can't cool off in the heat."

For a girl who grew up in the South, you'd think I would thrive in this weather. Well, I don't. It makes me cranky. Maybe living in Saudi Arabia for five years did it for me. It gets up to 125-130 degrees there. It would be so hot, that the asphalt on the streets would start to boil. Yep - bubbles! Crazy heat in that place.

I've had my fill of hot weather. Bring back the cold. Please.

4 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Oww, that's hot. What were you doing there?

8:02 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Amen, Kim, amen.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Ahhhh, the ongoing disagreement. My friend Andrew (who agrees with you, btw) summed up my thoughts better than I've ever been able to say it. He said, "Both intense hot and extreme cold are problems. I think you dislike winter because the harsh cold seems like it's painful. Intense hot is irritating. I think you'd rather be annoyed with the uncomfortableness of the heat than deal with the pain of the cold." I think he's right.

6:24 PM  
Blogger HennHouse said...

Hot, Hot, Hot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home