Thursday, April 26, 2007

Mighty Mouse

I just got a Mighty Mouse for my computer at work. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a multiple-button mouse with a scroll wheel for the Mac. You PC users are fully familiar with the concept since you've had these for quite some time. For us Mac users, however, it's a new thing.

The verdict is still out on whether or not I like it. I'm leaning more towards the "not". Here's the thing; who needs all those buttons? I'm familiar enough with my keyboard commands that I can navigate through all my menus and sub-menus without even touching my mouse. Half the time when I go to click on something, I push the wrong button and some random menu pops up and just ends up frustrating me.

Admittedly, it's kind of cool to have all these menus at your fingertips, but only on those rare occasions when you actually need them. Otherwise, it's just frustrating to realize you've clicked the wrong button, and the mouse is not responding like you expected. Frustrating, I tell you.

One thing I do like is the scroll wheel. I'm perfectly happy without it, but it's the thing I like most about the Mighty Mouse. Other than that, I like my one button. Simplicity is where it's at.

3 Comments:

Blogger Eliza Osborn said...

You know what the weird thing is? I had way more back troubles when I was using a mouse. My right shoulder gave me terrible pain all the time. But since I've switched to a laptop and use my touchpad all the time, it's not nearly so bad. It comes and goes depending on what I've been doing with that arm, but I'm not living with the pain like I had been.

Babygirl crying, must go.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Thanks Kim! Very notable;-)

I like my touchpad too.

6:55 AM  
Blogger kimw said...

I have a Wacom tablet on my work computer, too, and I find that I use that the majority of the time. For those of you not familiar with it, you use a pen with the tablet. It's good for intricate "art stuff", but I like to use it in place of the mouse.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home