Thursday, March 01, 2007

Sad, sad day

It's a sad, sad day in my world. The word "GiantEagleWhiteCakewithWhippedCreamFrosting" no longer exists. It is official. Giant Eagle has discontinued their whipped cream frosting. DISCONTINUED! Is there a more foul word in the English language? I think not. At least not for me.

Yesterday was my niece, Jackie's, birthday. When my sister went to GE to order her cake, she was informed of this injustice. The baker lady told her "We still have Satin frosting. It's almost the same." Almost the same. Almost the same is NOT the same. And I can tell the difference. Don't get me wrong - it's good, but it's not GiantEagleWhiteCakewithWhippedCreamFrosting. My sister told the GE Baker Lady that she's going to buy all her cakes somewhere else now. Somewhere that still values whipped cream.

That's the power we have as consumers, you know; the power to spend our almighty dollars at establishments that still serve whipped cream frosting!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Though GiantEagleWhiteCakewithWhippedCreamFrosting and I weren't the best of friends, I still have fond memories of times spent eating it.

I hope you find a replacement for your cake love.

9:02 AM  
Blogger kimw said...

As do I, my friend. As do I.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

Hi Kim, that's too bad about that icing. It's my fav, too!
Yes I remember you! You had impressed me greatly. Thank you for your nice comments..I am extremely flattered! It really was encouraging.. Amy

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home