Thursday, May 31, 2007

Veggie Tales

Wow, it's been awhile since my last post. I don't have a lot going on, but I thought I'd keep you updated.

My garden is planted! After meeting with Sam and getting all kinds of good advice, I got my seeds, bought my tomato and pepper plants, and got down to business. My garden plot is approximately a 10x10 area, and it was fully grown over with weeds since it had been a couple of years since the previous owners of my house had planted a garden there. Tilling that garden spot was a lot of hard work, but planting it was sure enjoyable. I never would have guessed that I would like digging in the dirt this much. And the big bonus? Sprouts! I have sprouts! Oh what a happy day when I saw my first new green sprout. I know millions of people grow gardens, but this is my first, and my first sprout is a special sprout.

Here's what I planted:
Tomatoes (cherry and Roma)
Peppers (hot and bell)
Carrots (Ox heart carrots)
Cantaloupe
Beans
Cucumbers
Lettuce (mescalun mix)
and Cilantro

I've been working like a fiend to try to get my yard into shape. All the beds were weed infested, and I had three dead juniper trees in front. I've been spending all my free time in the yard, and it's finally paying off. I've had a lot of help from a good friend of mine who was at my house today on his day off weeding the front bed and pulling out those dead trees. I still have one small bed to weed, and after that, it's peat moss and mulch time!

Let's see, what else?

Moon Park (of Master Park Martial Arts International) threatened to sue my sister and me because we started going to another dojang and are teaching there. *gasp* An attorney I work with drafted a letter on my sister's and my behalf, and after receiving that letter, the poor attorney has had to endure numerous rambling phone calls from that crazy Korean. I heard from a friend of mine, who is a police officer, that he's had some problems lately with someone vandalizing his property on 224. Someone dumped (literally) human poo on his front walk. It's disgusting, but he probably had it coming. He treats people like crap. (that pun was totally intended. Clever, no?)

Another 4th of July is getting near, and here I sit, in the same spot I vowed not to be in for another year. In one month, I will be spending long, hot, horrible days at that Boardman showroom. I hate it. There are not words to describe the misery. I do have some prospects for new jobs, but so far, nothing is panning out. I still have hope. I hope to not have to work in that showroom again. Those of you reading this who might be thinking about getting fireworks for your 4th of July celebrations... GO NOW! There is no one in the store right now. You either will heed my advice, or you'll wait in a three hour line, in 100 degree heat, and get my evil stare when I see what was once my friend in that damn store. Seriously, for your own good, go now.

Okay. Time to go. I'll post some garden photos soon :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

I just love your post title!

Looking forward to seeing those garden photos too.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

I liked the title too...sorry you're having a tough time in the store. :-(

5:18 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

"Little green sprout time" is my favorite time of the year. Once you put the seeds in the ground, you just sit and wait. You check every day, two or three times a day, in fact. You wait some more. Spread some life giving water. Wait some more. And just when it seems like those seeds will never grow and you're going to have to start all over, a tiny little green sprout pops up to say hello. And the world is a happy place.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home