Monday, November 12, 2007

Twelve

Okay. So I missed 10 and 11. Since missing that first one, I don't feel as much pressure to post every day. However, I'm not going to get back into the habit of not posting, either. I'm going to be honest here. My lack of previous posts strictly due to laziness. There. I said it. I'm lazy. It's just that when I have free time, the last thing I want to do is to be on my computer. It's not so bad now that I have this new job. I'm spending about 3/4 of my time designing/working on my computer.

I won't have much relief, however from computer stuff. I have another freelance logo design for Old North. I'm designing a logo for their Christmas program this year. I'm going to work on it today. Thanks to Rob for hooking me up! It's been a nice little side job :) Here's the last logo I designed for Old North. It was for a sermon series on giving.



This is the one they didn't go with:



I'll post the current logo project when I'm finished with it.

I've been having a bit of a creative block lately. The work I do for the Mideast Baptist Conference has be designing things constantly. And it's always brochures for their different conferences/retreats, etc. That and newsletters. Tons of newsletters. Anyway, I've been struggling with finding new ways to design brochures. Sometimes I think that all my work is looking the same. Here are a couple of projects I've done recently:

This one is a brochure for Camp Burton, which is a camp in Burton, Ohio where churches can have retreats, youth events, etc. I only had half a day to do this one, so it's not my best work, but I liked the way the front cover and the inside spread turned out. If I'd had more time, I would have worked on the schedule panel and the ebay panel some more.





This is my most recent project. In fact, it hasn't been approved yet, so I still have the lo-res. fpo (that means "for placement only") photos in place. If they approve it, I'll buy the hi-res. photos to use for print. This is a brochure for the MBC's Church Planting Offering campaign they do every year. They send people to conference churches to raise money for church plants. Church planting is an important mission for the MBC, so this campaign is a big deal. My church, The Gate, is a church plant of the MBC, and we wouldn't have been able to get started without the funds from this campaign.

This year's theme is God's Obsession. The idea is that lost people are God's obsession, and as children of God, our obsession, too.





Looks like another Adrienne-length post! I cheated a little, though and used lots of pictures. I've got to run now. My sister is picking me up and we're going to run some errands. A trip to Target and Giant Eagle to pick up some much needed essentials. I'm out of milk, so I wasn't able to have my cereal this morning. Plus, I'm hooked on the Pumpkin Spice Cappuccino at Get Go. I mix it half cap, half coffee, and it is delicious! Plus, you get an extra cent off a gallon of gas with each cup of coffee you buy. It all adds up!

Later, friends!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

Awesome stuff! You are so talented!

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home