Friday, October 14, 2005

Marathon Weekend

Okay, it's that time. It's finally here. The MARATHON WEEKEND. On Sunday, October 16, starting at 8:00 a.m. I will be tackling my biggest challenge of this year – the Columbus Marathon.

My sister and I will drive to Columbus on Saturday and spend the afternoon at the running Expo before carbing up on a good pasta dinner. I can't wait to pick up my goodie bag. When you enter a race, the fee usually includes a "goodie bag." In it, you get the race t-shirt (long-sleeved shirts are always well-received), some energy bars, and anything else the various sponsors decided they want to throw in. Now, the races I've done previously have all been relatively small local 10k races. The goodie bags are generally pretty good. So, given that this is a major marathon, I can just imagine the the goodie bag will be pretty incredible. I'm sure there won't be new shoes or anything like that in there, but I'm hoping there might be some good coupons for some.

I'm not doing too much this week to prepare, which in itself is the preparation since the key word for the week before the run is REST. I've been doing just that. I've been sleeping very well this week, and every night have been having marathon dreams. For the past two nights, I've had a dream where I can't get to the starting line and I miss the whole race. What could that be about?

Signing off until Monday when I will be a much more tired and sore body.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd bet you're THRILLED that the marathon is finally here!

Best of Luck - I know you'll do great!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Run Kim Run (says in that Forrest Gump tone) Sorry couldn't resist.

Have fun or what ever you have at a marathon. See ya in about a week.

3:36 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Hey Kim, have a great run. You know I'm cheering you on from the couch here.
Goodie bag sounds fun, almost makes all that training and hard work seem worth it somehow...

Don't forget, NO MORE marathons for YOU!!

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home