Thursday, October 06, 2005

48 in a 20

I haven't posted in a few day, and I wish I had something better to post about today…

I got a speeding ticket this morning. Stupid me – I wasn't paying attention and didn't slow down in front of Market Street Elementary. I go this way every morning, and the sign has usually stopped blinking by the time I go to work. I didn't notice that it was still on this morning (I was in such a fog. I took an Advil Cold and Sinus, and they make me groggy), and sped right into its little trap. Another thing I failed to notice was that a police officer was driving right behind me.

So, I pulled over and took my punishment like a, well…

BABY

He walks to my window, I hand over my license and proof in insurance, and as soon as he walks away, I start to cry. CRY? Yes, you heard me, CRY. Bawling like a baby, I was. I probably shed more tears in that few minutes than Verity has her entire lifetime.

When he came back to my car with my ticket he said in a very surprised voice, "Are you crying?", which made me cry harder. He was very nice about the whole thing and tried to comfort me the best he could while handing me the ticket that will make my bank account much smaller, I fear.

What a horrible way to start the day. In the pink.

By the way, I was going 48 in a 20.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Sorry about the ticket. If it's any consolation, I'm sure I would have cried too.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Ouch that's got to hurt. Sorry about the ticket.

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That stinks. I've almost been busted at West Blvd on a day similar to yours. They really stalk the schools, but I guess they should.

8:20 AM  
Blogger LOTGK said...

I know that speed trap well.
It is usually armed by the Stae Highway Patrol, not the Boardman police.
He hides right in the cemetary or at Zimmers copies....

Sorry bout the ticket, more than twice the posted speed, that ticket will hurt.

BACK TO LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home