Wednesday, September 28, 2005

High-cost Torture

I just registered for the Columbus marathon. It cost me almost $70 just to register, and I still have to spring for the hotel while I'm there, plus meals. Not to mention all the "running stuff" I've had to buy just to train for the darn thing. Shoes, socks, moisture-wicking clothing (believe me, when you're running 10+ miles in 95 degree heat like I did this summer, it is a necessary thing), Gatorade (lots of it) energy bars (lots of them), toe caps (these amazing silicone things you slip over your toes to keep them from blistering on those long, pounding runs), body glide (it looks like stick deoderant, but it keeps your skin from chafing where your clothes rub in the same spot for hours on end).

Despite my getting tired of the training and complaining a lot about it lately, I'm looking forward to that day in Columbus and spending a lot of quality time with my sister.

Here's hoping that the satisfaction I get from training for and accomplishing a pretty daunting goal will be priceless.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hi Kim, it's Beth.
Thanks for your comment. I had no idea that you read my blog. I tend to ramble lots so I hope I don't bore you too much. :0)

Directions to the bridge would be great. I don't know my way around Mill Creek at all! My husband has taken me when we've gone and he didn't even know about the bridge. I was in a wedding 4 years ago and the bride and groom (Tammy and TJ Hammar, I think ya might know 'em) had pictures done there. I was with them, but I was in the limo not paying much attention to where we were going. So thanks!

By the way I think it is great that you are quite the runner. I've heard lots of bragging about how much you run. Oh, and October is a great month for birthday's huh? I too have a birthday coming up in October.

Take care and thanks again. :0)

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home