Thursday, September 01, 2005

From where does motivation come?

I wish it came from a coffee-flavored elixir. If it did, I'd drink a gallon of it right now. (Which probably wouldn't help my productivity being that I'd be in the restroom a lot). What is it about the word "elixir" that makes an ordinary drink extraordinary?

For the past week I've had serious motivation issues. I don't want to do ANYTHING. No work, no running, no kicking and punching, no guitar playing…well, you get the idea. NOTHING! Just eating. And sleeping. That's it. I really need to get out of this funk – I have too much going on. Maybe that's the problem. I have too much going on.

So, I need to reverse this downward spiral (it's really not as bad as all that), and to do that, I'm going to j

I'm not sure what my thought was there. I got sidetracked just now right in the middle of that stream of thought and when I came back to it, I forgot what I was saying. See what I mean? I don't know where my brain is. Kimmy, do you have my half?

On a brighter note, I've been doing better with my posting times.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eliza Osborn said...

Dude, Kim, I know exactly what you mean. In a way, a good (super strong) mocha can be a motivational elixir for me, but only when I'm in the Barnes & Noble cafe and have writing utensils and no one else I know there. But really, it's only because I'm physically hopping and magically able to concentrate for hours on end.

If you want me to do any writing at all, hand me over a Starbucks mocha. Lattes don't do it for me, so I figure it's the chocolate and sugar that really make it work.

As for your recent downward spiral motivationally...I think Rob and I will take full and entire responsibility for it. Melissa once said our house was the black hole of motivation. You've simply been spending too much time around us. For that I am almost sorry...except it's so fun to bring people down to our level. ;)

And here we thought if we started hanging out even more with people like you and Kimmy, we'd be the ones to change for the better.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Sorry Kim, I didn't mean to be greedy with our brain-power. I guess I have been using quite a bit this week, I'll try to tone it down some for ya.

I started my day with a extra-large extra-strong cup of coffee today, It helped get me somewhat motivated to survive the day. I know exactly what you mean about not being motivated, yes even I lack motivation, actually more than one might think!

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home