Monday, August 29, 2005

Am I Cake-worthy?

Here at work today, we are celebrating another momentous occasion – the boss's birthday. (I have worked here for four weeks and have never met him.)

Here's the way parties with cake work around here:
1. A very large cake is bought
2. An email is sent to only those people who are deemed cake-worthy.
3. They partake in the cake, while the rest of us look on.
4. The rest is thrown away. (okay, I just made this part up, but I think it adds a bit of authenticity to an already incredulous story, plus, it could and probably does happen. I'll confirm this at a later date.)

The card just came around a couple of minutes ago, and I added my signature to it – he will have no idea who I am, but that's kind of the fun part of this whole scenario :) So, I guess I'm good enough to sign the card. That's a step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned. It remains to be seen whether or not I'm cake-worthy. My, I hope so. I do so love cake.

I'll keep you posted.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Un-frackin-believable.

12:36 PM  
Blogger kimw said...

Yeah, isn't it?

By the way, I was not cake-worthy, though I did help myself to a rather large piece later!

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home