Friday, August 26, 2005

More Imbeciles

I encountered two imbeciles yesterday – one on my drive to work in the morning, the other on my drive home from work in the evening. Let's start with the first…

As I was driving down Market Street to my job downtown, the traffice slowed quite a bit because drivers in the right lane were trying to merge into the left lane to go around an accident. A guy driving a small pickup truck had slammed into a BUS that had stopped to pick up passengers. How do you run into the back of a BUS? We're talking a huge vehicle here. There's only one word to describe someone who runs into a parked BUS. That's right – imbecile.

After a long day at work, I go out to my car parked in my gravel patch and lo and behold, there's someone else parked in the gravel next to me! An old junky Camaro, and it's punk owner gets in his car right after I start to pull out. Well, since I'm driving on gravel, I drive slowly so as not to kick up a bunch of rocks. I guess I was cramping his Indy style – he was right on my bumper all the way through the gravel and through the guard booth and out onto the street where he promptly guns the engine on his half matte-black body shop special and goes into the oncoming lane of traffice to get around slow-poke me and cuts me off to get in front of me (and still behind someone else) at the red light. Nice. Good thing he did that. He got so much further ahead. Of course, he's going my way, so of course, I must pull up next to him and roll my window down to give him the thumbs up (yes, it was a thumb) and yell at him "Nice piece of driving, imbecile!". I know, I know, not a very Christian thing to do, but it sure felt good. I can't wait to see him at work today. His car is once again parked in the gravel patch next to mine. There's only one word to describe the kind of person who acts like an ass to a co-worker. That's right – imbecile.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eliza Osborn said...

*cracks up*

You are so cool. I love you, Kim!

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home