Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Confession Time

Okay, Okay. I have a small confession to make.

Here at work, the restroom has three stalls in it. I tend to use the same stall every time, and it's the one on the far left if you're facing the row of stalls. I've noticed that if someone comes in to use the facilities while I'm in there, they always ALWAYS skip the middle stall and use the far right one. I have never had someome pick the stall right next to mine if the other one is open. So, (here's where the confession comes in) what I like to do is this:

If someone is in "my stall" (like horses ha ha ha ha) when I go in there, I ALWAYS choose the stall right next to theirs because I figure it makes them uncomfortable. They're probably in there thinking "why that one? why not choose the one on the far right? I wonder if she's looking at my shoes?" It's a small bit of harmless fun in my day to think that just by choosing a bathroom stall, I may take someone out of their comfort zone. Is that wrong? In my own way, am I helping them to grow? People are funny, huh?

It's 11:26 now.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Hey, Kim got blog spammed!

I always seem to choose the same stall everywhere I go, depending on the layout. If there's two or three I will choose the farthest one from the door, if there is a plethora of stalls I usually pick the third one in, if stalls on both sides of me, I always go with the right. Wonder what all this says about me?

Hmm..could we all be defined by our respective stall choices?

8:46 AM  
Blogger Eliza Osborn said...

I've, um...well.
When I'm at Barnes & Noble, specifically, I worry if they're noticing my shoes. Because it freaks me out to think that someone could identify me as "the girl in the bathroom" even though they didn't see my face.

Honey, it bothers me. So much that sometimes I want to stick my feet up in the air to avoid the situation entirely.

No, really.

Kim, don't ever, ever, ever do that to me, okay? I might cry. ;)

4:57 PM  
Blogger Eliza Osborn said...

I actually think this is a very, very good idea. The bags could have feminine designs on them so we could charge more. Kim could design the...erm...designs...'cause she's a graphic designer.

Design is a pretty word.

What would we call this? "Pedio-privacy Bags"?

5:19 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

I just can't believe this conversation. I'm so amused.

7:20 PM  
Blogger kimw said...

I'll work on the design of the Pedio-privacy bags. Great name, E!

I love it when discussions like this are sparked – brings a smile to my face.

I will never do this to you, either E. In fact, all those I hold near and dear will never be on the receiving end of my little bathroom game.

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home