Thursday, November 10, 2005

A small peak into the life of me.

I decided to answer all the questions, too. I've already answered most of the end questions during the comment barrage at Kimmy's blog, but for those of you who did not participate *guys*, I'll answer them here for you.



1. What is the geekiest part of your music collection? Neil Diamond. Refer to question #24 at the end for an explanation.

2. What do you eat when you raid the fridge late at night? I don't raid the fridge.

3. What is your secret guaranteed weeping movie? Life is Beautiful

4. Do you have a completely irrational fear? Injections. I actually cry whenver a Dr. mentions that I have to get a shot.

5. What is the little physical habit that gives away your insecure moments? I stammer when I speak.

6. Are you a pyromaniac? No

7. Do you have too many interests? Some say I do, but it's only those who want to monopolize my time and feel I don't give them enough of it.

8. Do you know anyone famous? No.

9. Describe your bed. Oak, queen-sized pencil bed with the best bedding, EVER! I love my bed! Wish I was there, now.

10. Spontaneous or planned? Both.

11. Who should play you in a movie about your life? Probably Uma Thurman, since she looks so much like me :)

12. Do you know how to play poker? Nope.

13. What do you carry with you at all times? My head.

14. What do you miss most about being a kid? Having my biggest worry being whether or not my mom put bologna on my sandwich.

15. Are you happy with your given name? Sure. Why sweat the small stuff?

16. How much money would it take to get you to give up the Internet for one year? None. I don't have it at home, so it wouldn't be a huge step not to have it at all. But if I thought I could get any money to give it up, I'd set the stakes quite high and go from there.

17. When's the last time you cried? Last Wednesday.

18. What color is your bedroom? Deep colors – reds, oranges, greens, plums and maybe even some more. These are the colors in my Moroccan-looking bedspread that covers the bed I so love.

19. What was the last song you were listening to? Whatever the last song is on Andrew Peterson's "The Far Country".

20. Have you ever been in a play? A few.

22. Do you talk a lot? Do I talk a lot? I don't know sometimes I do, I guess. But only when I have a lot to say otherwise i just don't say much at all but if i have a lot on my mind or if i am just feeling kind of funny on any given day i might spew out a lot of nonsense like when i'm answering a lot of questions so i have some sort of excuse to put off doing my work did i mention that i'm working on a golden lotus shell? that's a firework. i'm an artist and my current job is desinging fireworks packaging among other things. i don't really like it too much, after all, fireworks packages are all loud and gaudy and the more colors and explosions you use on there, the better. for this one, i'm drawing a lotus flower, but it will probably get rejected because it's too artsy. how about that? an artist being too artsy doesn't make much sense, does it? do i talk too much?

23. Do you like yourself and believe in yourself? I believe I can draw a damn good lotus flower, and i love myself for that :).

25. Do you consider yourself to be a nice person? I guess. A nice person who can draw a damn good lotus flower!

28. Which musical instrument do you wish you could play? guitar

29. Favorite fabric? Flannel. For the sheets on the bed that I so love.

30. Something you love and hate? My cat, Marcel-Henri. I love it when he purrs (which is not very often), and I hate it when he bites (which is quite often). But mostly, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE him for the quirky little thing that he is :)

33. What's the one language you want to learn? French.

34. How do you eat an apple? I bite into it with my two front teeth, then I chew up that bite until I can swallow it.

35. What do you order at a bar? I'm not ashamed to say it – draft beer (or is it draught?).

36. Have you ever pierced your body parts? Just ears.

37. Do you have tattoos? Yes.

38. Do you drive stick? I have a Turbo. It simply MUST be stick.

39. What's one trait you hate in a person? A huge ego.

40. What kind of watch(es) do you wear? I don't normally wear one, but when I do, it's my Ironman watch, and it's to keep track of my time when I run.

41. Most frivolous purchase? Soon to be my new Bunn coffee maker.

42. Do you consider yourself materialistic? Does spending $120 on a coffee maker make me materialistic?

43. What do you cook the best? I don't cook at all.

44. Favorite writing tool? My quill, of course!

45. Do you prefer to stand out or blend in? Depends on where I am.

47. What's one car you will never buy? An SUV of any kind.

48. What kind of books do you like to read? All kinds, including my geology text book from college, which I still have.

49. If you won the lottery, what would you do? Pay off my car, buy Stephie's house which may be coming up for sale pretty soon.

50. Burial or cremation? Burial.

51. How many online journals do you read regularly? I've never counted them. A few

52. What's one thing you're a sore loser at? I don't think I'm a sore loser at anything. You win some, you lose some, ya know?

53. If you don't like a person, how do you show it? In too many ways, I'm afraid.

54. Do you cry in front of your friends? I cry in front of anybody. I'm an equal-opportunity weeper. Non-discriminatory, fer shur :). I actually don't like that about myself, but I can't help what my tear ducts decide to do. It's like trying to stop breathing – I can do it for a while, but sooner or later, it gets the better of me.

55. What kind of first impression do you think you give to people? I have no idea. I can be such a flake.

56. What's one thing you like to do alone? Lots of things. I love going to movies by myself.

57. Are you a giver or a taker? Can't I be both?

58. Favorite communication method? Mental telepathy. The whole "twin thing", ya know. No? I do.

59. How many drinks before you're tipsy? I don't know. I haven't been tipsy in a very long time. I feel a little funny after one beer. Does that count as tipsy?

60. Do you think you're cute? I guess.


Here are the answers I already gave to the added numbers:

21. Favorite meal? Pizza. More specifically, Kimmy's pizza (this is a recent development in favorite meal, and by the way, any kind of pizza except for ones with fungi)

24. What is your guiltiest pleasure? I would say Days of Our Lives, too, but since it's already taken, I'll say Neil Diamond. I just love some of his songs, and it reminds of of being a kid when my parents were still together.

26. What is the best compliment you've ever received? Was from a non-Christian friend of mine who is pretty adamant about his non-belief. When he explained it was because a friend of his had a child who passed away despite fervent praying, I responded back to him sincerely, but with a faith in a God who knows things we do not. He didn't say much that day, but the next day I got an email from him saying that he couldn't get my words out of his head and that of all the "Christian" answers he could have gotten, that was one he didn't expect and it really made him think. I know it's not technically a "compliment" because it had nothing to do with me and everything to do with God, but it made me feel good nonetheless.

27. If you could meet anyone famous, dead or alive, who would it be? It would have to be, hands down, Jesus.

31. What's the first thought in your head when you wake up? Mon. - Thurs. "I hate my job. Do I really have to go?" Friday: "Ahhhh… it's Friday. Only 8 hours of my stinkin' job until the weekend."
Saturday and Sun. "Thanks, Lord, for this beautiful day."

32. Biggest Pet Peeve? I have quite a few, but I have to say one of my biggest is people who interrupt when others are trying to talk. – as if what they have to say is so much more important. Bah!

46.What do you want for Christmas? I always say "money", but no one seems to think that is an appropriate gift, so I never get any. Money is the perfect gift, because it doesn't sit around and collect dust for the next 20 years :) And, you can buy lift tickets with it – BRING ON THE SNOW!

4 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

I think you would be a really fun person to meet.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Where do you ski? I love to ski. I'm hoping I can get in once or twice this year before I can't go. We live about 45 minutes from Wolf Creek Ski Resort - I guess people come from all over to ski there. Only problem with skiing is it's so expensive.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Yes. Very yes. Bring on the snow. I don't ski but I love snow. Although, I think I'd be open to attempting the whole ski life. Is it anything like a roller-coaster? Cause I loves rollycoasters *grins*

5:20 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

$120 for a coffee maker? That makes you smart! Gotta have a good coffee maker!!

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home