Thursday, October 27, 2005

A gravel-dweller no longer.

Good news! As of today, October27, 2005, I am the proud owner of parking space #23. That's right! I'm parked on ASPHALT today. I have a lovely piece of it that turns into a small lake when it rains, but hey, I'm not complaining. I'll just have to wear galoshes to work. I feel like I have finally arrived.

I was thinking about it, and it must be some kind of record. I only spent two months in the gravel. It could be divine providence, or it could be that in the last month, four people have quit.

Not being used to the whole "assigned piece of land" routine, I accidentally parked in the space next to mine, #24. I walked into the building thinking to myself, "Well, if I'm parked in the wrong space, I'm sure I'll hear about it." Sure enough, 10 minutes later, I get a visit from the "owner" of space 24. There are three empty spaces on either side of #24, including my space 23 (which is even two steps closer to the building), but for some reason, this person felt the need to let me know. All the while acting like it was no big deal and that she wasn't bothered by it. But, if she wasn't bothered, why bring it up? Just park in your space tomorrow, and I'll figure out that mine is one space over. Kind of funny. I'm living a true Office Space experience. Instead of a stapler, it's a parking space.

It's their way of having a little sense of power in a completely powerless situation. In the long run, it just brings everyone down, and they end up losing the only real power anyone truly has – a sense of worth at being someone formed in the image of a Holy Creator. I hope they figure it out before it's too late, and their parking space all of a sudden becomes free.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Congrats on the parking space, you're moving up in the world!

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home