Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Mark your calendars

There are a couple of important dates in November of which I would like to remind all of you who read this. Some of these may not apply to you.

1. NOV. 16 – The full moon. I know, this doesn't seem like an important date, but weird things start to happen around this time of the month, so keep in mind that tomorrow is the height of weirdness for November and don't act surprised – you have been warned. Weird things have already started happening to me. Here's hoping they don't come to a head tomorrow.

2. Nov. 18 – Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire! The second of the films that I have been eagerly anticipating for this half of the year. It was my favorite of all the books, and judging from what I've seen of the film from the trailers and the official website, this film will not disappoint. I hear is "darker and scarier" than the previous three – the first one to get a PG-13 rating.

3. Nov. 24 – THANKSGIVING, of course! Do I really need to say anything more about this day? I love it – more than Christmas, even. You get the benefit of family, without all the stress of the "season" for 6 weeks (at least) beforehand. Plus, being single has its privileges. You ALWAYS get invited somewhere, so I never have to cook. (the fact that I'm a terrible cook would scare people away from my house after one year anyway!) I always help clean, though.

4. Nov. 25 – Black Friday. The day after Thanksgiving. Whoever ventures out on this day is certifiably NUTS! Have you gotten a gander at 224? Insane. Insane. As for me, I'll be at home putting up my Christmas tree (maybe) while watching the dog show.

5. Nov. 26 – ROB AND ELIZABETH'S ANNIVERSARY! Five wonderful years, folks! FIVE YEARS. NOVEMBER 26, ROB!

6. Nov. 29 – Tim Harker's birthday (my wonderful brother-in-law). I never know what to get him. Music is always a good gift. He always has quite a long CD wish list. Though I feel like I should be more creative.

That's November highlights in a nutshell.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

I agree about Black Friday. I wouldn't set foot in Boardman on that day.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home