Friday, April 28, 2006

My name is…

Marcel-Henri. (mar-cel on-ri) In French, the "h" sound is silent. Also the "r" is pronounced with a gutteral sound in the back of the throat. Something that most non-french-speaking people cannot pull off. That's okay. You can call me Marcel, or "The Kit"

I know, pretty fancy. My mom thought she was being clever when she named me. Or quite possibly, she thought that by giving me a refined French name, I would settle down and become a refined French kitty. She was wrong. I am neither French nor refined.

I am smarter than she, however. She thinks we don't have internet service here at home. I'll let her figure out how I have taken over her blog. Imagine my surprise when, while browsing around on the net, I came across this blog. I knew it was hers when I stumbled across a brief mention of me. Next, imagine my dismay when I discovered that there were no posts dedicated me.

Let me introduce myself. I am "The Kit." The supreme commander, eater of kibble and all things dairy, 16 pounds of orange fur and belly-hang, ruler of the universe that is 800 sq. ft. of Paxton Road. I eat when I want, what I want; I get up on counters and tables that are "forbidden". All things are potential playthings; do not leave anything you hold dear within reach of my pink pads. Glasses and cups full of liquid and ice are just too tempting. I cannot ignore them.

This is me



I have the run of the universe all day while my mom is at work. When she's home, I still have the run of the universe. I use the term "work" loosely. She doesn't fool me. I have proof that she doesn't exert herself too much while she's away at "work". Look at what I have uncovered:



They were not pink when she left in the morning.

So I'm thinking that if she has time for spa day at BJ Alan Co., then she has time to write about the apple of her eye, the joy of her life, the reason she breathes.( I'd appreciate some support here in the comment section.)

So mom, when you read this, know that I expect some mention every now and then, and if you ever hang me upside down again, I'm going to bite you.

Love,
Marcel-Henri aka "The Kit"

3 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

That was funny. What an intelligent cat.

Between the two of you - you have been doing so well at keeping us entertained lately. Thanks!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Hello, Marcel-Henri. It is a pleasure encountering you. Allow me to introduce myself, I am The Blog Princess. I must admit, I normally do not hold much regard for felines, but you have impressed me with your clever wit. You should be proud.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hello my fellow feline friend. I too have tricked my Dad into thinking that he doesn't have internet at home. So imagine my surprise at finding this blog, finding comments by my Dad, and finding your wonderful post. I too am orange, and to not let down our kind, I also have an affinity for things filled with liquid.

I must say that I love your name. My Dad was not quite as original. His previous orange cat had just died when I arrived. That cat's name was Terrence, so I was bestowed with the name of Junior Terrence. That was promptly shortened to Junior, and even JT at times. Not French, not fancy, nothing. But I still love him.

Hopefully I will see more from you. It is so fun to read those silly human's words and to laugh at them as they think they are the dominant beings. Until next time...
-Junior

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home